Tuesday 19 April 2016

Festival vibes

With Coachella all over social media and the fashion and styling that goes with it I have been desperate to get into some summer clothes. It has been hard to avoid fringing, crop tops, worn cut offs and some sort of ankle boot. I really love the festival look but the funny thing is I'm not a huge fan of festivals ha. The music, yes I love, the sun, yes, the atmosphere, the fashion yes but just the idea of being crowded freaks me out as I'm clostrophobic so I tend to be one of those people that has all the gear and no idea ha. Tent life isn't for me. 

So while I can't read out a long list of festivals I have visited I can help you out with the fashion as I constantly drool over festival wear. 


Denim cut offs are a festival staple and while you can style them any way you like, I prefer to do it with some sort of ankle boot. A small cross the body bag is also essential so you can keep it close to you and also wave your arms around to the band that you have always wanted to see live. 

Accessories do it for me, bindis, chockers, suede bags, ankle boots, bright tribal jewellery. These are what pull an outfit together and create that relaxed put together look. 

My top pick is this Faux fur Topshop waistcoat. This is ideal for British festivals as I'm sure we can all agree, we won't know what weather we will be getting until we are there on the day. The shape with its crop style and the colours with its vibrant feathers are totally festival esque so grab this while you can. 

So a little run down of the main ingredients for this festival look are-
Denim cut offs
Crop printed vest
Some sort of waistcoat
Ankle boots
Lots of accessories
Fringe bag

A simple way to create an avid festival goer look... Even if you're like me and you're all festival without the actual festival haha!

Katy 
X






No comments:

Post a Comment